Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
NetBackup for DB2 environment variables
The NetBackup automatic scheduler creates the environment variables in the following table when it executes a NetBackup for DB2 backup-restore template or script. You can use the DB2_FULL, DB2_INCR, or DB2_CINC variables within a script to specify a backup type.
Only the NetBackup backup and restore templates and scripts use the environment variables in the following table. These variables are unknown to the DB2 backup and restore commands. For example, the backup command and the restore command do not process the DB2_POLICY variable. Instead, the templates and scripts use the POLICY name. This policy is defined in the $DB2_INSTANCE_HOME/db2.conf file (UNIX) or the install_path\NetBackup\dbext\db2\db2.conf file (Windows).
Table: DB2 environment variables describes the DB2 environment variables.
Table: DB2 environment variables
Name of the NetBackup for DB2 policy from which the Automatic Backup was started. This policy name is not necessarily the same policy name that is in the db2.conf file. This variable is set only if the backup is initiated from the server, either automatically by the NetBackup scheduler or manually through the administrator interface.
Name of the NetBackup server.
Name of DB2 client.
Name of the NetBackup schedule. Enabled only if the backup is initiated from the server, either automatically by the NetBackup scheduler or manually through the administrator interface.
Set to 1 if this backup is a scheduled backup type (Automatic Backup).
Set to 1 for an Automatic full backup .
Set to 1 for an Automatic Differential incremental backup .
Set to 1 for an Automatic Cumulative incremental backup .