Veritas NetBackup™ for DB2 Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for DB2
- Installing NetBackup for DB2
- Verifying the operating system and platform compatibility
- About log archiving
- Configuring NetBackup for DB2
- About configuring a backup policy for DB2
- About adding backup selections to a DB2 policy
- About backing up archive log files with the user exit program
- Configuring the run-time environment
- Creating a db2.conf file for use with the user exit program
- Creating a db2.conf file (vendor method)
- Configuring bp.conf files in a cluster environment
- About NetBackup for DB2 templates and shell scripts
- Creating DB2 scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of DB2
- About user-directed backups
- Performing a database restore
- About an alternate restore
- Using Snapshot Client with NetBackup for DB2
- About NetBackup for DB2 with Snapshot Client operations
- Restoring NetBackup for DB2 from a snapshot backup
- About configuring NetBackup for DB2 block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for DB2
- About Snapshot Client effects
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for DB2
- About the NetBackup for DB2 log files
- Appendix A. Configuration for a DB2 EEE (DPF) environment
- Appendix B. Using NetBackup for DB2 with SAP®
- Appendix C. Register authorized locations
Performing a manual backup
After you configure the servers and clients in your environment, you can test the configuration settings with a manual backup. Perform a manual backup (or backups) with the automatic backup schedules you created. A description of status codes and other troubleshooting information is available.
See the NetBackup Logging Reference Guide.
To perform a manual backup
- Log onto the master server as administrator (Windows) or root (UNIX).
- Start the NetBackup Administration Console.
- In the left pane, click Policies.
- In the All Policies pane, select the policy you want to test.
- Select Actions > Manual Backup.
- Select the schedule that you want to use for the manual backup.
- Select the clients that you want to include for the manual backup.
- To check the status of the backup, click Activity Monitor in the NetBackup Administration Console.
The Activity Monitor and the script output indicate the status of the backup operation.