Veritas NetBackup™ Appliance Troubleshooting Guide
- About using the Troubleshooting Guide
- Best practices
- About troubleshooting tools
- Working with log files
- Disaster recovery
- Disaster recovery scenarios
- Appliance sustained power interruption
- Appliance hardware failure
- Complete loss of appliance with recoverable attached storage disks
- NetBackup Appliance database corruption
- NetBackup Appliance catalog corruption
- NetBackup Appliance error messages
About this guide
This guide provides the information to troubleshoot the Veritas NetBackup Appliances with the appliance software version 3.0. This guide provides steps to troubleshoot the NetBackup Appliance using the NetBackup Appliance Web Console and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu. It also provides detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot the 52xx and 5330 appliance hardware. This guide helps you perform the following tasks:
Diagnose an issue by using the available tools to diagnose a problem.
Locate the relevant information to identify the core problem by referencing to the relevant logs.
Resolve issues faced by implementing the best troubleshooting practices.
Safely remove and replace the hardware components that are faulty and cause the issue to reoccur.
We ensure that our documents are up-to-date with the latest information about the NetBackup Appliance hardware and software. You can refer to the NetBackup Appliance Documentation web page for the most updated versions of the NetBackup Appliance documentation.