Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Limitations of Replication Director with NDMP
Consider the following limitations before configuring NDMP to be used with Replication Director:
The Solaris_x86 operating system is not supported.
The Multiple copies NetBackup policy option is not supported for image copies in the NDMP data format.
The Restore the file using a temporary filename restore option is not supported on Windows clients.
Restores to a local file system are not supported with an MS-Windows or a Standard policy that has the NDMP Data Mover enabled.
Do not include both the qtree and the volume on which the qtree resides in the same Backup Selection list.
Only one NDMP backup of a snapshot per backupid is allowed.
The Index From Snapshot operation is supported only in a Replication Director configuration, however, a Standard or MS-Windows policy with NDMP Data Mover enabled is also not supported.
The Index From Snapshot operation is not supported for NetApp ONTAP 7-mode.
When you make changes to the NDMP policy after the last full or incremental schedule (for example, if you add or delete a backup selection), the content for the next incremental retrieves the entire content of the snapshot rather than retrieving only the content that has changed. The next incremental schedule however, after only retrieves content that has changed as expected.