Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2021-06-07
Product(s): NetBackup (9.1)
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Troubleshooting NDMP media and devices on UNIX
To troubleshoot media and devices on UNIX, try the following:
Ensure that the syslogd logs debug messages relating to ltid and other device processes.
For more information on syslogd, refer to the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide.
Start ltid with the -v option. Check the system's syslog for troubleshooting clues.
Use vmps to make sure that the appropriate daemons are running.
Drives can be unexpectedly set to the DOWN state. This action is due to communication problems between avrd on the NetBackup for NDMP server and the NDMP server application on the NDMP host.
Further details are available.