Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2021-06-07
Product(s): NetBackup (9.1)
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Adding a tape drive
This procedure describes how to configure a tape drive.
To add a tape drive
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand Media and Device Management > Devices > Drives.
- Select Add a New Drive. In the dialog box, click Add.
- In the Add a New Drive dialog box, enter the name of the drive in the Drive Name box.
- Click Add to specify a drive path.
- In the Add Path dialog box, select the host and the path information as follows:
Select the name of the NetBackup media server. Use the pull-down to select media servers already defined, or click Add to enter a new one.
Enter the device file name of the tape drive, such as nrst2a. Refer to the NAS vendor documentation for your drive for the correct format of the device file name.
An alternate method is to use the following command to find the device file name for the drive, if the NDMP host is running NDMP protocol V3 or later:
tpautoconf -probe ndmp_host_name
- Click This path is for a Network Attached Storage device.
- In the NDMP Host drop-down list, select the name of the NAS filer to which the drive is attached.
- Click OK.
- Return to the Add a New Drive dialog box and enter the drive information as required. Repeat this procedure for each drive that must be added.
When you are prompted to restart the Media Manager device daemon and all robotic daemons, click Yes.