Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2021-06-07
Product(s): NetBackup (9.1)
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
NDMP DirectCopy with VTL
The NDMP DirectCopy feature uses a VTL that has an embedded NDMP tape server using the NDMP protocol. The embedded NDMP tape server moves the image from the VTL disk directly to a physical tape. The image does not pass through the NetBackup media server or travel over the network.
In a VTL environment, a NAS appliance is not required. The VTL emulates a NAS (NDMP) host. The VTL requires NDMP tape server functionality.
The following figure represents a VTL from two perspectives. It shows the actual hardware present in a VTL configuration and the configuration from the perspective of NetBackup.
The following figure shows the data flow and control for a VTL.