Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2021-06-07
Product(s): NetBackup (9.1)
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
About remote NDMP
This topic describes how to configure NetBackup for NDMP to make backups to Media Manager storage units (remote NDMP). Only NDMP-specific steps are described.
Using remote NDMP, you can back up NDMP data to a configured drive in a Media Manager storage unit on a NetBackup media server. The drive can be used for both NDMP backups and for non-NDMP backups.
An added feature to remote NDMP is NDMP multiplexing. NDMP multiplexing works with remote NDMP. It concurrently writes multiple backup streams to the same storage device from the same client or different clients.