Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Configuring NDMP backup to Media Manager storage units
This section describes how to configure NDMP backups to Media Manager storage units.
To configure NDMP backups to Media Manager storage units
- Authorize the NetBackup server to access the NDMP hosts you want to back up.
Perform the following steps on the master server (not media server) if you plan to create snapshots using the Snapshot Client NAS_Snapshot method:
Under Media and Device Management > Credentials, click NDMP Hosts. From the Actions menu, choose New > New NDMP Host to display the Add NDMP Host dialog.
Fill in the values.
Repeat these steps for each NDMP host that the NetBackup server backs up.
- Use the NetBackup Device Configuration Wizard to configure the drive(s) and robot(s).
Note the following:
Do not use the "Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices" topic in this guide. Configure the robots and drives as ordinary NetBackup devices, not as NDMP-attached devices.
Drives can be shared using the NetBackup Shared Storage Option (SSO). The drives can be shared as both NDMP drives and non-NDMP drives.
- Create a Media Manager storage unit for the drive(s). The storage unit type must be Media Manager, not NDMP.
For NDMP multiplexing, do the following steps:
Select the Enable Multiplexing check box on the New Storage Unit menu.
Set the Maximum streams per drive entry to a value greater than one.
For details on storage units, refer to the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
- Create an NDMP-type policy. On the New/Change Policy display, be sure to specify the storage unit that was created in the previous step.
Note the following for NDMP multiplexing:
Set the Media multiplexing attribute on the Add New Schedule menu to a value greater than one.