Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2021-06-07
Product(s): NetBackup (9.1)
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
About NetBackup for NDMP logs
NetBackup uses two types of logging, unified logging and legacy logging. Both logging types are described in the "Using Logs and Reports" topic in the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide.
Note the following:
All unified logs are written to /usr/openv/logs (UNIX) or install_path\logs (Windows). Unlike legacy logging, you do not need to create logging directories.
Use the vxlogview command to examine unified logs:
See Viewing NetBackup for NDMP logs.
On UNIX: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/vxlogview
On Windows: install_path\NetBackup\bin\vxlogview
Refer to the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide for assistance in using the vxlogview command.
See also the vxlogview man page or the NetBackup Commands Guide.