Veritas NetBackup™ Device Configuration Guide
- Introducing device configuration
- Section I. Operating systems
- About configuring tape drive device files in AIX
- Creating AIX no rewind device files for tape drives
- About device drivers and files for HP-UX persistent DSFs
- About configuring persistent DSFs
- About HP-UX legacy device drivers and files
- About configuring legacy device files
- Creating legacy SCSI and FCP robotic controls on HP-UX
- About the required Linux SCSI drivers
- About configuring robot and drive control for Linux
- Installing/reinstalling the sg and the st drivers
- About Solaris robotic controls
- About Solaris tape drive device files
- Configuring Solaris SAN clients to recognize FT media servers
- Section II. Robotic storage devices
- Robot overview
- Oracle StorageTek ACSLS robots
- About removing tapes from ACS robots
- Robot inventory operations on ACS robots
- NetBackup robotic control, communication, and logging
- NetBackup robotic control, communication, and logging for UNIX systems
- ACS robotic test utility
- ACS configurations supported
- Device configuration examples
NetBackup ACS storage server interface (acsssi)
The NetBackup ACS storage server interface (SSI) acsssi communicates with the ACS library software host. acsssi processes all RPC communications from acsd or from the ACS robotic test utility that are intended for the ACS library software.
One copy of acsssi must run for each unique ACS library software host that is configured on a NetBackup media server. acsd tries to start copies of acsssi for each host. However, if an acsssi process for a specific ACS library software host exists already, the new acsssi processes for that host fails during initialization.
In normal operations, acsssi runs in the background and sends log messages to acssel.
You can specify the socket name (IP port) used by acsssi in any of the following ways:
On the command line when you start acsssi.
By using an environment variable (ACS_SSI_SOCKET).
Through the default value.
If you configure acsssi to use a nondefault socket name, you also must configure the ACS daemon and ACS test utility to use the same socket name.
The ACS library software host name is passed to acsssi by using the CSI_HOSTNAME environment variable.
acsssi is based on the Sun StorageTek storage server interface. Therefore, it supports environment variables to control most aspects of operational behavior.