Veritas NetBackup™ Device Configuration Guide
- Introducing device configuration
- Section I. Operating systems
- About configuring tape drive device files in AIX
- Creating AIX no rewind device files for tape drives
- About device drivers and files for HP-UX persistent DSFs
- About configuring persistent DSFs
- About HP-UX legacy device drivers and files
- About configuring legacy device files
- Creating legacy SCSI and FCP robotic controls on HP-UX
- About the required Linux SCSI drivers
- About configuring robot and drive control for Linux
- Installing/reinstalling the sg and the st drivers
- About Solaris robotic controls
- About Solaris tape drive device files
- Configuring Solaris SAN clients to recognize FT media servers
- Section II. Robotic storage devices
- Robot overview
- Oracle StorageTek ACSLS robots
- About removing tapes from ACS robots
- Robot inventory operations on ACS robots
- NetBackup robotic control, communication, and logging
- NetBackup robotic control, communication, and logging for UNIX systems
- ACS robotic test utility
- ACS configurations supported
- Device configuration examples
About HP-UX device drivers for legacy device files
The sctl driver for robotic control.
The stape driver for tape drives.
For IBM tape drives, the atdd driver. NetBackup requires a minimum atdd driver level. See the Hardware Compatibility List for IBM atdd driver levels that are supported and atdd configuration information.
NetBackup also supports the use of the IBM atdd tape driver on HP-UX 11i v3.
Also see the Operating System Compatibility List for the minimum OS patch level that is required to run on HP-UX: