Veritas NetBackup™ Device Configuration Guide
- Introducing device configuration
- Section I. Operating systems
- About configuring tape drive device files in AIX
- Creating AIX no rewind device files for tape drives
- About device drivers and files for HP-UX persistent DSFs
- About configuring persistent DSFs
- About HP-UX legacy device drivers and files
- About configuring legacy device files
- Creating legacy SCSI and FCP robotic controls on HP-UX
- About the required Linux SCSI drivers
- About configuring robot and drive control for Linux
- Installing/reinstalling the sg and the st drivers
- About Solaris robotic controls
- About Solaris tape drive device files
- Configuring Solaris SAN clients to recognize FT media servers
- Section II. Robotic storage devices
- Robot overview
- Oracle StorageTek ACSLS robots
- About removing tapes from ACS robots
- Robot inventory operations on ACS robots
- NetBackup robotic control, communication, and logging
- NetBackup robotic control, communication, and logging for UNIX systems
- ACS robotic test utility
- ACS configurations supported
- Device configuration examples
Using this guide
Use this guide to help set up and configure the operating systems of the hosts you use for NetBackup servers. Also use this guide for help with storage devices. This guide provides guidance about NetBackup requirements; it does not replace the vendor documentation.
This guide is organized as follows:
Information about operating systems.
Information about robotic storage devices.
Read the "Before you start" sections (if applicable) of the chapters in this guide. These sections provide any important platform-specific instructions or may contain specific instructions or limitations for server types.
Veritas tested the configuration file options in this guide; other configuration settings may also work.
To minimize configuration errors, you can copy and paste configuration details from a text file of the operating system chapters of this configuration guide. The format of this text file is similar to the printed version of the guide. Be sure to review the differences as explained at the beginning of the text file.
NetBackup_DeviceConfig_Guide.txt file is installed with NetBackup server software in the following paths:
The Hardware Compatibility List contains information about supported devices.