Veritas NetBackup™ Device Configuration Guide
- Introducing device configuration
- Section I. Operating systems
- About configuring tape drive device files in AIX
- Creating AIX no rewind device files for tape drives
- About device drivers and files for HP-UX persistent DSFs
- About configuring persistent DSFs
- About HP-UX legacy device drivers and files
- About configuring legacy device files
- Creating legacy SCSI and FCP robotic controls on HP-UX
- About the required Linux SCSI drivers
- About configuring robot and drive control for Linux
- Installing/reinstalling the sg and the st drivers
- About Solaris robotic controls
- About Solaris tape drive device files
- Configuring Solaris SAN clients to recognize FT media servers
- Section II. Robotic storage devices
- Robot overview
- Oracle StorageTek ACSLS robots
- About removing tapes from ACS robots
- Robot inventory operations on ACS robots
- NetBackup robotic control, communication, and logging
- NetBackup robotic control, communication, and logging for UNIX systems
- ACS robotic test utility
- ACS configurations supported
- Device configuration examples
Optional environment variables
The following table describes the optional environment variables.
Table: Optional environment variables
Specifies the name of the host where ACS library software RPC return packets are routed for ACS network communications. By default, the local host name is used.
Set this variable to a small positive integer. The default is 2 seconds.
Set this variable to a small positive integer. The default is five retries.
Set this variable to a value between 600 seconds and 31536000 seconds. The default is 172800 seconds.