NetBackup™ Web UI VMware Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing VMware servers
- Protecting VMs
- VM recovery and instant access
- Troubleshooting VM recovery
Download files and folders from a VM backup image
You can browse an instant access image of the VM to download files and folders.
More information on using instance access VMs is available:
To download files and folders from a VM backup image
- On the left, click VMware.
- Locate and click on the VM.
- Click the Recovery points tab. In the calendar view, click the date on which the backup occurred.
The available images are listed in rows with the backup timestamp for each image.
- On the image or the copy of the image that has the option to recover using instant access, click Recover > Download files and folders.
- Select the files and click Add to download list.
Click on a folder to drill into it. Use the folder path to navigate back to higher levels in the hierarchy.
Enter a file name to search for files.
NetBackup 8.2 storage server and later support the search option.
The download list displays the selected files and folders with the location and size of each file.
If the download list contains more than one file or folder, the download action fails as NetBackup 8.1.2 storage server only supports single file download.
- After the download package is created, click Download.
The Activity tab displays the status of the recovery.