NetBackup™ Web UI VMware Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing VMware servers
- Protecting VMs
- VM recovery and instant access
- Troubleshooting VM recovery
Remove protection from VMs or intelligent VM groups
You can unsubscribe VMs or intelligent VM groups from a protection plan. When the asset is unsubscribed, backups are no longer performed.
When you unsubscribe an asset from a protection plan, there is a possibility that the asset displaysin the web UI. This situation can happen when an asset is subscribed to a protection plan and a backup runs for that asset. Then the asset is unsubscribed from the protection plan while it has a valid backup image. The web UI displays , but there may or may not be an active policy protecting the asset.
To remove protection from a VM or intelligent VM group
- On the left, click VMware.
- On the Virtual machines tab or Intelligent VM groups tab, click the VM or the intelligent VM group.
- Click Remove protection > Yes.
Under Virtual machines or Intelligent VM groups, the asset is listed as Not protected.