NetBackup™ Web UI VMware Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing VMware servers
- Protecting VMs
- VM recovery and instant access
- Troubleshooting VM recovery
Protect VMs or intelligent VM groups
Use the following procedure to subscribe an asset (VMs or intelligent VM groups) to a protection plan. When you subscribe an asset to a protection plan, you assign predefined backup settings to the asset. An on-demand (manual) backup requires access to the NetBackup Administration Console. Contact the NetBackup administrator for assistance.
Note the following requirements:
You must have access to the VMs by means of the appropriate role-based access control (RBAC) that the NetBackup security administrator assigned to you.
You must have access to the protection plans that the backup administrator has granted you access to (by means of RBAC).
The appropriate services on the master server must be running and the web UI must be accessible.
For assistance, contact the backup administrator.
To protect VMs or VM groups
- On the left, click VMware.
- On the Virtual machines tab or Intelligent VM groups tab, click the box for the VM or the VM group and click Add protection.
- Select from the following protection options:
Subscribe to a protection plan
Select this option to use the settings in a selected plan. Any changes to the plan are inherited automatically.
Select this option to customize a selected plan. Not all plans and settings can be customized. Any changes to the selected plan are not applied to the assets or asset group you selected.
- Select a protection plan.
For VMware administrators, RBAC permissions determine which protection plans are listed. For a description of the available protection plan options, see the NetBackup Web UI Backup Administrator's Guide.
- To subscribe the VM or the VM group to the selected plan, click Protect.
The results of your choices appear under Virtual machines or Intelligent VM groups.