NetBackup™ Web UI Backup Administrator's Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup web user interface
- Managing protection plans
- Managing jobs
- Configuring email notifications for alerts
- Usage reporting and capacity licensing
Subscribe an asset or an asset group to a protection plan
You can subscribe a single asset or a group of assets to a protection plan. An asset or a group of assets can be subscribed to multiple protection plans. Before you can subscribe assets to a protection plan, you must create a protection plan.
To subscribe an asset or an asset group to a protection plan
- On the left, click the workload type (for example: VMware).
- Select an asset type (for example: Virtual machines, Intelligent VM groups).
- Select one or more assets.
- Click Add protection.
If you selected a Cloud workload asset or asset group, proceed to step 7
- In Protection method, select the type of protection plan.
Subscribe to a protection plan
Select this option to use the settings in a selected plan. Any changes to the plan are inherited automatically.
Select this option to customize a selected plan. Not all plans and settings can be customized. Any changes to the selected plan are not applied to the assets or asset group you selected.
- (Optional) If you select Custom protection, you can adjust the options as follows:
Schedules and retention
Add a schedule and a retention period or edit the existing schedule and retention period.
Adjust the storage options that were set up in the original protection plan.
Adjust the backup options that were set up in the original protection plan. The options in this area change depending on workload.
Change or add any options that were set up in the original protection plan.
- Click Protect.