Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client (HTML5) Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery events and best practices
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Client (HTML5) plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Instant Recovery: Cleaning the recovery environment and releasing the NetBackup resources
Use this screen to complete the instant recovery process by cleaning the recovery setup and releasing the NetBackup resources. The instant recovery workflow is completed only when the recovery is completed and the NetBackup resources are released.
Use the following options to complete the instant recovery.
Table: Fields in the Instant Recovery Cleanup screen
Initiate Instant Recovery Done
Use this option to complete the instant recovery operation after you have performed the Storage vMotion of the virtual machines to a different datastore. This option completes the virtual machine instant recovery operation after the vMotion migration of the virtual machine is completed. When the datastore is removed, its resources are released on the NetBackup media server.
Use this option when you are done with the restore and do not intend to retain the restored virtual machine. This action removes the virtual machine from the ESX host. If no other virtual machine uses the NetBackup datastore, this option removes that datastore and releases its resources on the NetBackup media server.
Use this option when the connection to the virtual machine was interrupted. The interruption may occur due to a network disconnect between the NetBackup media and the ESX server. This option reactivates a restored virtual machine by remounting the NetBackup datastore. It also registers the restored virtual machines on the ESX host.
Use this option to update the latest image list.