Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client (HTML5) Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery events and best practices
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Client (HTML5) plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Setting the exclude disks Custom Attribute
The NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5) includes aoption. Use that option to create a VMware custom attribute of the virtual disks to exclude from backups.
You can select up to and including 50 virtual machines to which you can apply a custom attribute.
To set the exclude disks Custom Attribute
- In vSphere Client, click Veritas NetBackup.
- Click Virtual Disk Exclusion, then click RUN VIRTUAL DISK EXCLUSION WIZARD.
- On the Virtual Machine Selection screen, select the VMs to which you want to apply the Custom Attribute, as follows:
In the vCenter Server drop-down list, select the vCenter server that hosts the virtual machines.
By default, the wizard selects the server that you selected in the vSphere Client.
In the Custom Attribute field, enter the name for the attribute.
By default, Veritas suggests NB_DISK_EXCLUDE_LIST.
Click in the Search field to enter a value to search for, then click Search.
The wizard displays the VMs that match that value.
In the search results list, select the VMs to which you want to add the Custom Attribute and then click ADD VIRTUAL MACHINE. You can change the Search Results order by clicking on the column headers.
At the top of the screen, a message shows how many VMs that you successfully added.
To continue to the next wizard screen, click Next.
- On the Select Virtual Disks to Exclude screen, select the virtual disks to which you want to apply the Custom Attribute, as follows:
Select a virtual machine in the list of virtual machines.
You can remove VMs or refresh the display by clicking the vertical ellipsis next to the VM:
In the Available Disks list, select the disk or disks to add to the Custom Attribute. You can select all disks in the list by clicking the check box next to the Exclude disk column header. If a disk is excluded already, a warning icon appears in the Exclude disk column.
Repeat steps a and b for each virtual machine.
When you finish selecting disks, click Next to continue to the next wizard screen.
- On the Review Selections screen, review and set the Custom Attribute, as follows:
Review the selections for the disks to exclude.
Click Exclude Disks to add the Custom Attribute to all of the selected VMs. The list box shows the results of the operation.