Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client (HTML5) Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery events and best practices
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Client (HTML5) plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Virtual Machine Selection screen
Select the virtual machine to restore.
Figure: Virtual Machine Selection screen in the NetBackup Recovery Wizard for vSphere Client (HTML5)
The Recovery Wizard is dismissed when you click on the side navigation or header, and any entries cannot be saved. Clickto continue.
Table: Fields in the Virtual Machine Selection screen
Shows the vCenter server where the plug-in is installed.
Use the drop-down list to select the vCenter server where the VM resided when it was backed up.
If the plug-in is not authorized to restore VMs, this field is empty.
NetBackup Master Server
Use the drop-down list to select the master server that made the backup.
If the master server does not have any VM backups, the error message no entity was found EC:227 appears.
If the master server is not in the drop-down, you must register the master server with the vCenter.
Enter the name (or portion of the name) of the virtual machine that you want to restore, and click.
This field is case-sensitive.
The results of the search appear in this list.
Click the virtual machine to restore and then click.
The NetBackup master server identifies each VM in the backup policy as a "client." In the search results, the NetBackup Client Name column displays that name.