Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client (HTML5) Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery events and best practices
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Client (HTML5) plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Configuring settings for virtual machine recovery
Use theoption to configure the settings for virtual machine recovery with the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5).
To configure the settings for virtual machine recovery
- In vSphere Client, click Veritas NetBackup.
- Click Settings.
- Enter the settings as described in Table: Options in the Settings dialog.
- For the Preferred Instant Recovery Destination options, use the pull-down or the Change options.
- Click Save to save the settings.
The Preferred Instant Recovery Destination settings are populated during the Instant Recovery wizard Destination Selection screen when you select the Reset to Preferred Destination option.
Table: Options in the Settings dialog
Maximum Retention Period for Backup Events
Set the retention period of the vCenter event viz. recovered virtual machines.
Maximum number of instant recovery of VM(s) active at one time per master server
Enter the maximum number of IR jobs that can be run simultaneously for a single NetBackup master server.
Preferred Instant Recovery Destination
Select the destination settings for instant recovery.
The destination vCenter server.
Data center/ESX Server
The data center or the ESX server that is registered with the vCenter server. Click(or ) for a pop-up in which to locate the data center or server.
Resource Pool or vApp
The virtual machine pool or the vApp to be used for the recovery.
Temporary Datastore or Datastore Cluster
The temporary datastore to be used during the recovery process.
Clear Preferred Destination Settings
Click to remove the current settings.
Clickbefore leaving this screen.