Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2018-02-16
Product(s): NetBackup (8.1.1, 8.1)
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for an SAP database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for SAP policy
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
Performing a manual backup
After you configure the servers and clients in your environment, you can test the configuration settings with a manual backup. Perform a manual backup (or backups) with the automatic backup schedules you created. A description of status codes and other troubleshooting information is available.
See the NetBackup Status Codes Reference Guide.
See the NetBackup Logging Reference Guide.
To perform a manual backup
- Log onto the master server as administrator (Windows) or root (UNIX).
- Start the NetBackup Administration Console.
- In the left pane, click Policies.
- In the All Policies pane, select the policy you want to test.
- Select Actions > Manual Backup.
- Select the schedule that you want to use for the manual backup.
- Select the clients that you want to include for the manual backup.
- To check the status of the backup, click Activity Monitor in the NetBackup Administration Console.
The Activity Monitor and the script output indicate the status of the backup operation.