Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2018-02-16
Product(s): NetBackup (8.1.1, 8.1)
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for an SAP database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for SAP policy
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
Using the SAP HANA studio for backup
Use the SAP HANA studio to backup the SAP HANA data. The following steps help you to set up the backup.
Setting up the backup using the SAP HANA studio
- On the SAP HANA studio interface, select the HANA instance that you want to backup. In this case <SID>.
- Right-click on the instance and select the Back Up option as shown.
- The Backup of System screen is displayed. Select the Backint option. Specify the Backup Destination and Backup Prefix as shown and click Next.
If you are using SAP HANA SPS 10, you can also select Differential Data Backup or Incremental Data Backup as the Backup Type. Enter a Backup Prefix that indicates if the backup type is incremental or differential. For example, for an incremental data backup, the backup prefix could be INCRE_DATA_BACKUP.
- Confirm the settings under Review Backup Settings as shown and click Finish.
- Check the Activity Monitor of the NetBackup Administration Console to get the backup information. On a successful backup, the following results are displayed:
- On the Backup of System screen, click Close.