Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for an SAP database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for SAP policy
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
When you configure the master server for SAP HANA, you must make the following additional changes:
You must add the media server to the list of servers that the client will accept connections from. To add the media server:
Select Host Properties > Clients (select the client) > Properties > Servers > Additional Servers > Add.
Configure the maximum number of concurrent jobs in the selected storage unit.
The maximum concurrent jobs setting on the storage unit specifies the maximum number of jobs that NetBackup can send to a disk storage unit at one time. The default setting is one job and the job count can range from 0 to 256. For SAP policy type, configured for HANA, set this value to a value greater than 64.
For SAP policy type (specifically for HANA), when the storage unit is Advanced Disk type, or MSDP, set the Maximum Jobs Per Client setting to a value in accordance to the value of the Maximum Streams Per Drive * number of drives. Set the Maximum Jobs Per Policy setting to a value higher than the value of Maximum Streams Per Drive * number of drives. For example, if you have 2 drives and Maximum Streams Per Drive is set to 3, the total expected jobs to that storage unit is 6.
Set the logging level.
Set value of the maximum jobs per client.
Create a SAP HANA-specific backup policy.