Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for an SAP database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for SAP policy
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
NetBackup for SAP backup script parameters
The SAP scripts that enable the SAP utilities to perform backups and restores use parameters defined in the following sources:
You can use the different parameter sources to create SAP scripts to perform different database backup and restore tasks.
For example, you can define %SAP_POLICY% ($SAP_POLICY) in an SAP script to perform different types of backups.
Table: Environment variables describes the environment variables that are created locally when NetBackup's automatic scheduler runs an SAP script. Their values can be used to direct the flow of actions within the script. Some affect the SAP backint interface, and can be changed within the script.
Table: Environment variables
Names the NetBackup for SAP policy, if initiated from an automatic backup schedule. If set, specifies the policy to which the application backup jobs will be sent.
Is set to 1 if this operation was initiated from an automatic schedule. If not set to 1, the script can then set values for the other variables during client-initiated operations.
Names the NetBackup server if initiated from an automatic backup schedule. If set, specifies the master server to which the application backup jobs will be sent.
The opposite of SAP_SCHEDULED. Is set to 0 if this operation was initiated from an automatic schedule.
Names the NetBackup for SAP automatic schedule, if initiated from an automatic schedule.
If the backup initiated from an automatic schedule, the appropriate one will be set to 1, the others to 0.
Names the NetBackup for SAP client from the policy, if initiated from an automatic schedule. If set, specifies the client name which the application backup job will use