Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for an SAP database
- About adding schedules to a NetBackup for SAP policy
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
Adding clients to a policy
The client list contains a list of the clients on which your scripts are run during an automatic backup or the clients that can send backup requests to the application schedule. A NetBackup client must be in at least one policy but can be in more than one.
For a NetBackup for SAP policy, clients you want to add must have the following items installed or available:
NetBackup client or server
The backup or restore scripts
To add clients to a NetBackup for SAP policy
- Open the policy you want to edit or create a new policy.
To access the Policy dialog box, double-click the policy name in the Policies list in the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Click the Clients tab.
- Click New.
- Type the name of the client and select the hardware and operating system of the client.
If SAP is installed in a cluster, specify the virtual name of the SAP server as the client name.
For NetBackup 8.1, if you installed NetBackup on more than one node in the SAP cluster, you must perform additional configuration.
- Choose one of the following:
To add another client, click Add.
If this client is the last client you want to add, click OK.
- In the Policy dialog box, click OK.