Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
Adding clients to a policy
The client list contains a list of the clients on which your scripts are run during an automatic backup or the clients that can send backup requests to the application schedule. A NetBackup client must be in at least one policy but can be in more than one.
NetBackup attempts to run each template in the backup selections list for each client in the client list. If a template is not valid on a particular client, the template is skipped. (For example, if the Oracle home that is specified in the template does not exist on that client.) A policy can contain multiple clients and multiple templates. Only a subset of the templates needs to be valid on each client. If the valid templates are successful, the entire backup is successful.
For a NetBackup for Oracle policy, clients you want to add must have the following items installed or available:
NetBackup client or server
The backup shell scripts, unless you use templates
To add clients to a NetBackup for Oracle policy
- Open the policy you want to edit or create a new policy.
To access the Policy dialog box, double-click the policy name in the Policies list in the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Click the Clients tab.
- Click New.
- Type the name of the client and select the hardware and operating system of the client.
- Choose one of the following:
To add another client, click Add.
If this client is the last client you want to add, click OK.
- In the Policy dialog box, click OK.