Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
About BLI policy attributes
NetBackup applies policy attribute values when it backs up files.
The following attributes must be set for BLI backup:
Set to Standard.
Select to enable BLI backups. If the BLI attribute is not enabled, NetBackup uses the standard method to back up the files in the file list.
Set so that the BLI backup policies run before other policies.
Define as the Oracle database instance name ($ORACLE_SID) in each of the policies for the same instance. Multistream backups start when all the policies with a particular keyword phrase complete their respective startup scripts. If you have multiple Oracle database instances (SIDs) use a separate set of policies for each SID. If the SIDs are backed up simultaneously and any share a common file system for data files, use Nodata Storage Checkpoints. Set the METHOD to NODATA_CKPT_HOT.
Do not change a keyword phrase after it is set in a policy. The keyword phrase is used in naming Storage Checkpoints. Changing the keyword phrase necessitates a full backup even if an incremental backup is requested.
The NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I describes other policy attributes and how to configure them.