Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
Testing configuration settings for NetBackup for Oracle
After you configure the servers and clients in your environment, test the configuration settings. Perform a manual backup (or backups) with the automatic backup schedules you created. A description of status codes and other troubleshooting information is available.
See the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide.
To test the configuration settings
- Log onto the master server as administrator (Windows) or root (UNIX).
- Start the NetBackup Administration Console.
- In the left pane, click Policies.
- Click the policy you want to test.
- Select Actions > Manual Backup.
The Schedules pane contains the name of possible schedule or schedules that are configured for the policy that you want to test.
For an Oracle Intelligent Policy, an Instances pane contains a list of instances that are configured for the policy. Select one or more of the instances to start the backup.
For a script- or template-based policy, the Clients pane contains the name of the client or clients that are listed in the policy. Select one or more of the clients to start the backup.
- Follow the directions in the Manual Backup dialog box. Then click OK.
- To check the status of the backup, click Activity Monitor in the NetBackup Administration Console.
The Activity Monitor and the script output indicate the status of the backup operation.