Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
Using the recovery wizard
When you are ready to perform a recovery, follow these steps to create and run a template with the recovery wizard.
To use the recovery wizard
- Open the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
- Select the Restore operation:
On Windows, click Select for Restore
On UNIX, click on the Restore Files tab. In the Restore Type list, select Normal Backups.
- In the left pane, select the Oracle database instance.
- In the right pane, select the database object(s) (databases, tablespaces, data files, and users) you want to recover.
If you select the Oracle database instance, the wizard recovers the entire database using RMAN.
- Click Actions > Restore.
Enter information about the recovery operation you want to perform in the screens that the NetBackup for Oracle recovery wizard displays.
The screens are as follows:
Target Database Logon Credentials
Recovery Catalog Logon Credentials
If you need an explanation of any of the fields on the wizard screens, click Help on the wizard screen.
- When you have completed the wizard, the Selection Summary screen displays the summary of the recovery template. Review this summary. You can choose to run the template immediately after the wizard finishes or save the template locally, or both.
If you need an explanation of any of the fields on the wizard panels, click Help on the wizard panel.
- Click Finish to run, to save, or to run and save the recovery template.