Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
Starting the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore interface
To start the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore interface
- Use operating system methods to log into the client upon which NetBackup for Oracle is installed.
- Make sure that the Oracle database is in the mount or open state.
- Start the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore interface on the NetBackup client.
From the Windows Start menu, choose All Programs > Veritas NetBackup > Backup, Archive, and Restore.
On UNIX, run the following command:
- Provide the information that the logon dialog box requests.
On Windows, you do not have to logon as the administrator or as the Oracle administrator.
On UNIX systems, how you log onto NetBackup depends on how your Oracle authentication is configured:
OS authentication for Oracle:
Log on to NetBackup as an Oracle DBA UNIX account that includes
Oracle authentication by password file:
Log on to NetBackup using any UNIX account, including root. You need to provide additional Oracle logon information later in the backup process.
For the host name, type the name of the client upon which the Oracle database and NetBackup for Oracle reside. Type your user name and password in the other fields. You can log on as a regular user.