Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
Troubleshooting NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
Debug logs used for troubleshooting the problems that occur with NetBackup and NetBackup for Oracle have been discussed in previous areas. In addition to those logs, there are debug logs used for troubleshooting NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client.
Snapshot Client backup and debug messages are written to the following subdirectories of:
The logs are as follows:
The bpbrm log is on the NetBackup media server.
The bptm/bpdm log is on the NetBackup media server.
The bpbkar log is on the NetBackup client and alternate client.
The bpfis log is on the NetBackup client and alternate client.
The bppfi log is on the NetBackup client or alternate client.
Snapshot Client restore and debug messages are written to the following subdirectories on the NetBackup master server:
The bprestore is almost always a client log on the NetBackup host that initiated the restore by using the bprestore command.
The bprd is on the NetBackup master server.
The bpbrm is on the NetBackup master server.
The bptm/bpdm is on the NetBackup media server. Both the tape and the disk backup log to bptm, disk backups also log to bpdm.
The tar is on the NetBackup client or redirected client.
Additional help for troubleshooting most installation and other issues is available in the NetBackup Snapshot Client Administrator's Guide.