Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
Running NetBackup for Oracle templates
The Oracle template administration interface is available in the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
Use this dialog to run, edit, delete, rename, and view existing backup templates. These are the templates created by the NetBackup for Oracle RMAN template generation wizard. Before you can run, edit, delete, or rename templates on the master server, the client must exist in a policy or in the NetBackup image catalog.
To use Oracle template administration
- In the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface, choose Actions > Administer Database Templates > Oracle.
The Select Template list shows the names and descriptions of the RMAN backup templates that are stored on the current master server.
- Select the name of the backup template you want to run.
- Click Run.
You can use the View Status tool to see the status of the backup. Click Actions > View Status.
The Oracle template administration window provides the following functions:
Runs the selected template.
Changes the contents of an existing template. The selected backup template is loaded into the NetBackup for Oracle RMAN template generation wizard.
Removes the selected template.
On Windows, you must be a system administrator or the template creator to delete a template.
On UNIX, you must be the root user or the template creator to delete a template.
Changes the name of the selected template.
On Windows, you must be a system administrator or the template creator to rename a template.
On UNIX, you must be the root user or the template creator to rename a template.
Displays a summary of the selected template.