Veritas NetBackup™ for Oracle Administrator's Guide
- NetBackup for Oracle QuickStart
- Installing NetBackup for Oracle
- About linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup for UNIX
- Linking Oracle RMAN with NetBackup on UNIX platforms
- Oracle policy configuration
- Preparing for NetBackup for Oracle configuration
- Instance management for an Oracle Intelligent Policy
- About Oracle Intelligent Policies (OIP)
- About script- or template-based Oracle policies
- About adding backup selections to an Oracle policy
- About configuring the run-time environment
- About creating templates and shell scripts
- About creating RMAN scripts manually
- Performing backups and restores of Oracle
- About NetBackup for Oracle backups
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores
- Redirecting a restore to a different client
- Using NetBackup for Oracle in a Microsoft Windows cluster environment
- Guided Recovery
- Troubleshooting Guided Recovery
- NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- About NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client
- How NetBackup for Oracle with Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for Oracle
- Restoring NetBackup for Oracle from a snapshot backup
- About NetBackup for Oracle restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- About configuring NetBackup for Oracle block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- About Snapshot Client effects
- About Oracle support for Replication Director
- Troubleshooting RMAN backup or restore errors
- Appendix A. Real Application Clusters
- Appendix B. Best practices for protecting Oracle RAC with NetBackup
- Appendix C. Deduplication best practices
- Appendix D. Snapshot Client support of SFRAC
- Appendix E. Script-based block-level incremental (BLI) backups without RMAN on UNIX and Linux systems
- Verifying installation requirements for BLI backups without RMAN
- Creating NetBackup policies for script-based BLI backup
- Creating notify scripts for BLI backups
- Performing backups and restores
- About troubleshooting backup or restore errors
- Appendix F. XML Archiver
- NetBackup for Oracle XML export and XML import
- About XML export templates and shell scripts
- Performing an XML export archive
- Restoring an XML export archive
- About redirecting a restore of an XML export archive to a different client
- Troubleshooting XML export or XML import errors
- Appendix G. Register authorized locations
Adding a new script- or template-based Oracle policy
This topic describes how to add a new backup policy for a database.
- Log on to the master server as administrator (Windows) or root (UNIX), and start the NetBackup Administration Console.
- If your site has more than one master server, choose the one on which you want to add the policy.
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, select NetBackup Management > Policies. Then select Actions > New > New Policy.
- In the Add a New Policy dialog box, in the Policy name box, type a unique name for the new policy. Click OK.
- In the Add New Policy dialog box, in the Policy type list, select Oracle. The tabs along the top of the dialog change to include an Instances and Databases tab.
The database agent policy type does not appear in the drop-down list unless your master server has a license for the database agent.
- Click the Instances and Databases tab and select Clients for use with scripts or templates.
- Click Yes on the Backup Policy Management dialog box. The tabs along the top of the dialog change again to include a Clients tab.
- Click OK to return to the main screen of the NetBackup Administration Console. Select View > Refresh to refresh the GUI so that the appropriate schedule information appears in the Schedules tab.
- In the right pane, double-click the policy that you have added. Another option is to right-click on the policy name in the center pane and select Change from the menu.
- Complete the entries on the Attributes tab.
Add other policy information as follows:
Add clients. On the Clients tab, click Clients for use with Scripts or templates option. Then click New to display a list of all possible clients. Select new clients from this list, then click OK.
Add templates or scripts to the backup selections list.
- When you have added all the schedules, clients, and backup selections you need, click OK.