Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- About troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
Using the Host Properties window to access configuration settings
The Host Properties window in the NetBackup Administration Console provides access to many configuration settings for NetBackup clients and servers. For example, you can modify the server list, email notification settings, and various timeout values for servers and clients. The following are general instructions for using this window.
The NetBackup Client Properties dialog box in the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface on Windows clients lets you change NetBackup configuration settings only for the local computer where you are running the interface. Most settings in the NetBackup Client Properties dialog box are also available in the Host Properties window.
To use the Host Properties window to access configuration settings
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties.
- Depending on the host to be configured, select Master Servers, Media Servers, or Clients.
- On the Actions menu, select Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, in the left pane, click the appropriate property and make your change.