Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- About troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
The catalog image files contain information about all the data that has been backed up. This information constitutes the largest part of the NetBackup catalog. This type of catalog recovery does the following:
Recovers the image
Recovers the configuration files (
Restores the NetBackup relational database (NBDB) to the staging directory so that it is available for further processing if required.
Optionally, recovers the policy and the licensing data.
The image files are stored in the NetBackup relational database. The images files contain the metadata that describes the backups.
NetBackup supports recovery of the catalog image files and configuration files from a clustered environment to a non-clustered master server at a disaster recovery.
See About NetBackup catalog recovery and symbolic links.
Veritas recommends that you recover the catalog images files in the following scenarios:
The NetBackup relational database is valid, but NetBackup policy, backup image, or configuration files are lost or corrupt.
You want to restore part of the NetBackup catalog before you restore the entire catalog. This procedure recovers only the catalog images and configuration files.
After you recover the image files, you can recover the relational database.
You recover the catalog using different storage devices. It may be to the same environment after storage hardware failure or replacement. It may be another site to which you replicate the catalog backups and the client backups. Regardless, the catalog backups and the client backups reside on different hardware.
This recovery does not overwrite the new storage device configuration with the old, no longer valid storage device information from the catalog backup.
Recovery includes the catalog image files and configuration files that are in the catalog backups listed in the disaster recovery file, as follows:
The image files and configuration files that are listed in the disaster recovery file are recovered.
Two recover scenarios exist, as follows:
You can use either of the following methods to recover the catalog image files:
The Catalog Recovery Wizard in the NetBackup Administration Console.
See Recovering the entire NetBackup catalog using the Catalog Recovery Wizard.
The text-based recovery wizard. The bprecover -wizard command and option start the text-based recovery wizard.
See Recovering the entire NetBackup catalog using bprecover -wizard.