Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- About troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
About troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
Auto Image Replication operations use storage lifecycle policies (SLP) in at least two NetBackup master server domains. Verify that the two master servers follow these rules:
If replicating to specific targets (targeted AIR), you must create the Import SLP before creating the Auto Image Replication SLP in the originating domain. You may then choose the appropriate import SLP.
The storage lifecycle policy's data classification in the source master server domain must match the SLP policy's data classification in the target master server domain.
The duplicate-to-remote-master copy in the source storage lifecycle policy must use hierarchical duplication and specify a source copy with a residence capable of replication. (The disk pool replication column must show Source.)
The storage lifecycle policy in the target domain must specify an import for its first copy. The residence for the import must include the device that is the replication partner of the source copy in the source storage lifecycle policy. The import copy may specify a storage unit group or a storage unit but not Any Available.
The storage lifecycle policy in the target domain must have at least one copy that specifies the Remote Retention type.