Veritas NetBackup™ Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Troubleshooting NetBackup problems
- Troubleshooting vnetd proxy connections
- Troubleshooting security certificate revocation
- Verifying host name and service entries in NetBackup
- Frozen media troubleshooting considerations
- Troubleshooting problems with the NetBackup web services
- Resolving PBX problems
- Troubleshooting problems with validation of the remote host
- About troubleshooting Auto Image Replication
- Using NetBackup utilities
- About the NetBackup support utility (nbsu)
- About the NetBackup consistency check utility (NBCC)
- About the robotic test utilities
- Disaster recovery
- About disk recovery procedures for UNIX and Linux
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for UNIX and Linux
- About disk recovery procedures for Windows
- About clustered NetBackup server recovery for Windows
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog
- About NetBackup catalog recovery and OpsCenter
- About recovering the entire NetBackup catalog
- About recovering the NetBackup catalog image files
- About recovering the NetBackup relational database
Restoring files from a NetBackup online catalog backup
Because the online catalog backup uses the standard backup format, you may recover specific files using the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore user interface. Restoring catalog files directly to their original location may cause inconsistencies in the NetBackup catalog or cause NetBackup to fail. Instead, you should restore catalog files to an alternate location.
To restore files from an online catalog backup
- From the Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type menu, select the NBU-Catalog policy type.
- Specify the master server as the source client for the restore.
- Select the catalog files to restore.