NetBackup 9.0 Application Guide
- Product overview
- Geting started
- Creating NetBackup application instances
- Managing NetBackup application instances
- Accessing NetBackup master and media server instances for management tasks
- Managing users on a master or media server instance
- Running NetBackup commands on a master or media server application instance
- Accessing NetBackup WORM storage server instances for management tasks
Introduction to NetBackup applications for Flex Appliance
Veritas Flex Appliance is a customizable data management solution that lets you consolidate multiple applications on a single hardware platform. An application is a Veritas software program that can be installed on Flex Appliance. You can use these applications to create multiple, concurrent application instances, or single deployments of applications that were historically standalone servers.
The following applications are available for NetBackup release 9.0:
NetBackup master server
You can also configure a BMR master server with this application. However, the BMR boot server cannot be configured on the appliance.
NetBackup media server with the following storage options:
Media Server Deduplication Pool (MSDP)
You can also configure MSDP cloud storage with this application. Refer to the NetBackup Deduplication Guide after the instance is created.
NetBackup WORM storage server version 14.0
The WORM storage server application is included with the NetBackup release but follows a different version scheme. WORM storage server version 14.0 requires a version 9.0 or later master server and media server.
For a full list of supported applications and versions, see the following article on the Veritas Support website: