Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
NetBackup 9.0 Application Guide
Last Published: NaN-NaN-NaN
Product(s): Appliances (2.0)
Platform: Flex Appliance OS
- Product overview
- Geting started
- Creating NetBackup application instances
- Managing NetBackup application instances
- Accessing NetBackup master and media server instances for management tasks
- Managing users on a master or media server instance
- Running NetBackup commands on a master or media server application instance
- Accessing NetBackup WORM storage server instances for management tasks
Establishing trust with a NetBackup 7.7.3 master server instance
To establish a trust relationship between a later version master server instance and a NetBackup 7.7.3 master server instance, you must perform the following steps.
To establish trust with a NetBackup 7.7.3 master server instance
- Log in to the instance as the appadmin user and use the following command to enable the root account and set the password:
The root account is a restricted user account that can put the system at risk. It should only be enabled during configuration procedures or under the direct supervision of Veritas Technical Support.
- Establish trust between the source and the target domains. Use the root account to add the 7.7.3 instance as a trusted master server. Refer to the NetBackup documentation for specific instructions.
- Run the following command on the instance to disable the root account:
sudo passwd -l root