NetBackup 9.0 Application Guide
- Product overview
- Geting started
- Creating NetBackup application instances
- Managing NetBackup application instances
- Accessing NetBackup master and media server instances for management tasks
- Managing users on a master or media server instance
- Running NetBackup commands on a master or media server application instance
- Accessing NetBackup WORM storage server instances for management tasks
Managing application instances from Flex Appliance and NetBackup
After you have created your instances, the instance management is divided between Flex Appliance and NetBackup, depending on the type of operation. In general, use Flex Appliance for any tasks that are related to the appliance or the application files. Use NetBackup for any tasks that are related to your backups. Refer to the following information for more details.
Use Flex Appliance to do the following:
Resize instance storage
Edit instance network settings
Assign or unassign Fibre Channel ports
View instance performance metrics
Upgrade application instances
Manage application add-ons, including NetBackup EEBs
Refer to the Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide for these procedures.
All other management tasks happen from NetBackup. This guide covers the information that is specific to the NetBackup application. For all other tasks, refer to the regular NetBackup documentation as you would for any other environment.
Note that the following NetBackup features are not supported on application instances:
Bare Metal Restore boot servers