NetBackup 9.0 Application Guide
- Product overview
- Geting started
- Creating NetBackup application instances
- Managing NetBackup application instances
- Accessing NetBackup master and media server instances for management tasks
- Managing users on a master or media server instance
- Running NetBackup commands on a master or media server application instance
- Accessing NetBackup WORM storage server instances for management tasks
NetBackup 9.0 application new features, enhancements, and changes
The following list describes the new features, enhancements, and changes that are specific to the NetBackup 9.0 application. The application also includes the new features from NetBackup unless they are called out as exceptions in this guide. See the NetBackup Release Notes for more information.
Cloud Catalyst is no longer supported for this release. The Cloud Catalyst storage option is not available when you create a NetBackup 9.0 instance, and existing instances with Cloud Catalyst storage cannot be upgraded to this release.
The Cloud Catalyst feature has been replaced by MSDP cloud, a new cloud solution with the deduplication technology. With this feature, one MSDP storage server can support both local storage and multiple cloud storage targets.
For more information about MSDP cloud, refer to the NetBackup Deduplciation Guide.
Starting with NetBackup 9.0, the Smart Meter name has been changed to Veritas Usage Insights. All requirements regarding registration keys remain the same, and there is no impact to applications with an existing Smart Meter key. You can access Veritas Usage Insights from the Veritas NetInsights Console, a SaaS-based unified platform with Veritas products and features. For more information, connect to the Veritas NetInsights Console using the following URL: