Veritas NetBackup™ Vault™ Operator's Guide
- About NetBackup Vault
- About NetBackup Vault operational procedures
- About Vault operational procedures
- Comparing received tapes to your reports
- Rerunning reports
Comparing received tapes to your reports
Veritas suggests the following procedure as a guideline only; your site may have different procedures in place. The off-site vendor returns tapes that were requested, usually the preceding day. Compare the tapes that you received from the off-site vendor to the reports that list the tapes you expect to receive. The comparison should ensure that you have received the full set of tapes.
To compare received tapes against your reports
- Locate the Distribution List for Robot report. This report is normally the previous day's report.
- Compare the tapes you received from the off-site vendor with the report. Notify storage administration if there are any discrepancies that you cannot resolve with the off-site vendor.
- Remove the tapes from the containers and enter them into the robot according to your normal operating procedures. Be sure not to skip any slots because the robot may not reload the tapes properly. If you use NetBackup-controlled robots (such as TLD or TL8), run the inject process as storage administration specifies.
- Sign off the report and file it in the proper location.
You must resolve all discrepancies in the report, whether they are from the tapes that have left or the tapes that have returned. Do not file a report until you have resolved all discrepancies.