Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Administrator's Guide, Volume II
Last Published: 2021-01-01
Product(s): NetBackup (188.8.131.52, 9.0)
- NetBackup licensing models and the nbdeployutil utility
- How capacity licensing works
- Creating and viewing the licensing report
- Reviewing a capacity licensing report
- Reconciling the capacity licensing report results
- Reviewing a traditional licensing report
- Reviewing an NEVC licensing report
- Additional configuration
- About dynamic host name and IP addressing
- About busy file processing on UNIX clients
- About the Shared Storage Option
- DELETE About configuring the Shared Storage Option in NetBackup
- Viewing SSO summary reports
- About the vm.conf configuration file
- Holds Management
- Menu user interfaces on UNIX
- About the tpconfig device configuration utility
- About the NetBackup Disk Configuration Utility
- Reference topics
- Host name rules
- About reading backup images with nbtar or tar32.exe
- Factors that affect backup time
- NetBackup notify scripts
- Media and device management best practices
- About TapeAlert
- About tape drive cleaning
- How NetBackup reserves drives
- About SCSI persistent reserve
- About the SPC-2 SCSI reserve process
- About checking for data loss
- About checking for tape and driver configuration errors
- How NetBackup selects media
- About selecting media in robots
- About selecting media in standalone drives
- About Tape I/O commands on UNIX
Configuring drive paths
Use the following procedures to configure and manage drive paths.
To display the drive path menu
- From the Drive Configuration menu, select Drive Path Configuration.
- Enter a drive name.
To add a drive path
- Select Add from the Drive Path Configuration menu.
- Enter a valid drive path.
- Specify the drive status on the path.
The drive can be Up, Down, or Disabled for the path.
To delete a drive path
- Select Delete from the Drive Path Configuration menu.
- Enter the drive path to delete.
To update a drive path
- Select Update from the Drive Path Configuration menu.
- Enter the drive path to update.
- Specify a new drive path or press Enter to update the status of the drive path.
- A prompt similar to the following is displayed:
- Enter the path status.