Veritas NetBackup™ Administrator's Guide, Volume II
- NetBackup licensing models and the nbdeployutil utility
- How capacity licensing works
- Creating and viewing the licensing report
- Reviewing a capacity licensing report
- Reconciling the capacity licensing report results
- Reviewing a traditional licensing report
- Reviewing an NEVC licensing report
- Additional configuration
- About dynamic host name and IP addressing
- About busy file processing on UNIX clients
- About the Shared Storage Option
- DELETE About configuring the Shared Storage Option in NetBackup
- Viewing SSO summary reports
- About the vm.conf configuration file
- Holds Management
- Menu user interfaces on UNIX
- About the tpconfig device configuration utility
- About the NetBackup Disk Configuration Utility
- Reference topics
- Host name rules
- About reading backup images with nbtar or tar32.exe
- Factors that affect backup time
- NetBackup notify scripts
- Media and device management best practices
- About TapeAlert
- About tape drive cleaning
- How NetBackup reserves drives
- About SCSI persistent reserve
- About the SPC-2 SCSI reserve process
- About checking for data loss
- About checking for tape and driver configuration errors
- How NetBackup selects media
- About selecting media in robots
- About selecting media in standalone drives
- About Tape I/O commands on UNIX
Reviewing a capacity licensing report
The following table describes the steps to examine the capacity license report results and how to reconcile the report with the actual NetBackup environment.
Table: Examining the capacity licensing report
Verify the information on which the report is based, including the master server, clients, and policies.
See Summary tab.
Remove redundant data created from client aliases and multiple IP addresses.
Examine the Itemization tab for flagged conditions in the Accuracy column.
See Itemization tab.
For multistreamed backup images, verify how the images are grouped and the size of the backups.
Examine the information for NetBackup CloudCatalyst.
See NetBackup CloudCatalyst (NetBackup 8.1 and later clients).
Examine the details related to overlap detection.
Review the details for specific policy types.
See BigData plug-ins for NetBackup.
See NetBackup for Exchange agent.
See NetBackup for Oracle server agent.
See NetBackup for SQL Server agent.
See NetBackup for VMware agent.
See Windows file system backups.
See NAS-Data-Protection policy.
See Cloud policy.