Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Administrator's Guide, Volume II
Last Published: 2021-01-01
Product(s): NetBackup (188.8.131.52, 9.0)
- NetBackup licensing models and the nbdeployutil utility
- How capacity licensing works
- Creating and viewing the licensing report
- Reviewing a capacity licensing report
- Reconciling the capacity licensing report results
- Reviewing a traditional licensing report
- Reviewing an NEVC licensing report
- Additional configuration
- About dynamic host name and IP addressing
- About busy file processing on UNIX clients
- About the Shared Storage Option
- DELETE About configuring the Shared Storage Option in NetBackup
- Viewing SSO summary reports
- About the vm.conf configuration file
- Holds Management
- Menu user interfaces on UNIX
- About the tpconfig device configuration utility
- About the NetBackup Disk Configuration Utility
- Reference topics
- Host name rules
- About reading backup images with nbtar or tar32.exe
- Factors that affect backup time
- NetBackup notify scripts
- Media and device management best practices
- About TapeAlert
- About tape drive cleaning
- How NetBackup reserves drives
- About SCSI persistent reserve
- About the SPC-2 SCSI reserve process
- About checking for data loss
- About checking for tape and driver configuration errors
- How NetBackup selects media
- About selecting media in robots
- About selecting media in standalone drives
- About Tape I/O commands on UNIX
Updating a robot configuration
Use the following procedure to change the robot number or the robotic control path.
To change the robot number or the robotic control path
- On the main menu, select Robot Configuration.
If only one robot is configured, you do not have to select Update or enter the robot number. If only one robot is configured, skip to step 4.
- On the Robot Configuration menu, choose Update.
- Enter the number of the robotic library you want to change.
- Enter a new robot number to replace the existing robot number or press Enter to retain the current robot number.
You are prompted to enter robotic control information. The actual prompts depend on the type of robotic library you update.
- Enter the appropriate robotic control path or name of the server that hosts the robot.