Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Administrator's Guide, Volume II
Last Published: 2021-01-01
Product(s): NetBackup (22.214.171.124, 9.0)
- NetBackup licensing models and the nbdeployutil utility
- How capacity licensing works
- Creating and viewing the licensing report
- Reviewing a capacity licensing report
- Reconciling the capacity licensing report results
- Reviewing a traditional licensing report
- Reviewing an NEVC licensing report
- Additional configuration
- About dynamic host name and IP addressing
- About busy file processing on UNIX clients
- About the Shared Storage Option
- DELETE About configuring the Shared Storage Option in NetBackup
- Viewing SSO summary reports
- About the vm.conf configuration file
- Holds Management
- Menu user interfaces on UNIX
- About the tpconfig device configuration utility
- About the NetBackup Disk Configuration Utility
- Reference topics
- Host name rules
- About reading backup images with nbtar or tar32.exe
- Factors that affect backup time
- NetBackup notify scripts
- Media and device management best practices
- About TapeAlert
- About tape drive cleaning
- How NetBackup reserves drives
- About SCSI persistent reserve
- About the SPC-2 SCSI reserve process
- About checking for data loss
- About checking for tape and driver configuration errors
- How NetBackup selects media
- About selecting media in robots
- About selecting media in standalone drives
- About Tape I/O commands on UNIX
INVENTORY_FILTER entry in vm.conf
The following configuration entry applies to NetBackup servers:
INVENTORY_FILTER = robot_type robot_number mode value1 [value2 ...]
Used to filter the robot inventory results in ACS robot types. Add this entry to the configuration file (vm.conf) on the NetBackup server on which the inventory operation is invoked. This entry is read and interpreted on the host on which vmcheckxxx and vmupdate run.
This entry may be required for an ACS robot and the ACS library software host with an STK Library Station. Newer versions of STK Library Station allow robot inventory commands to function correctly so filters are not required.
robot_type can only be ACS.
robot_number is the number of the robot as was configured in NetBackup.
mode is BY_ACS_POOL for ACS.
INVENTORY_FILTER = ACS 0 BY_ACS_POOL 4 5