Veritas NetBackup™ Vault™ Administrator's Guide
- About Vault
- About the Vault process
- Installing Vault
- About installing and configuring Vault on UNIX and Linux systems
- About installing and configuring Vault on Microsoft Windows systems
- Best Practices
- About preferred vaulting strategies
- About how to ensure that data is vaulted
- About not Vaulting more than necessary
- About preparing for efficient recovery
- About avoiding resource contention during duplication
- About two processes trying to use the same drive
- About load balancing
- About how to avoid sending duplicates over the network
- About increasing duplication throughput
- About organizing reports
- Configuring NetBackup for Vault
- About off-site volume pools
- About creating catalog backup schedules for Vault
- About setting master server properties for Vault
- Configuring Vault
- About Vault configuration
- About configuring Vault Management Properties
- General tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Alternate Media Server Names tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Retention Mappings tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Reports tab (Vault Management Properties)
- About creating a vault
- About creating profiles
- Configuring a profile
- Duplication tab
- Catalog backup tab (Profile dialog box)
- Eject tab (Profile dialog box)
- Reports tab (Profile dialog box)
- Vaulting and managing media
- About Vault sessions
- About monitoring a Vault session
- About the list of images to be vaulted
- About ejecting media
- About injecting media
- About using containers
- About vaulting media in containers
- About managing containers and media
- About vaulting additional volumes
- About using notify scripts
- Creating originals or copies concurrently
- About the continue or fail for concurrent copies
- About creating duplicate images concurrently
- About generating reports
- About consolidating reports
- Vault report types
- Reports for media going off site
- Reports for media coming on-site
- Inventory reports
- Administering Vault
- About administering access to Vault
- About NetBackup Vault session files
- Using the menu user interface
- Debug logs
- Appendix A. Recovering from disasters
- About disaster recovery
- Appendix B. Vault file and directory structure
Running a Vault session from the NetBackup Administration Console
To run a Vault session from the NetBackup Administration Console, you either run the policy manually or run the profile manually.
To run a Vault policy from the NetBackup Administration Console
- Expand NetBackup Management > Policies in the left pane of the Administration Console window.
- Select the policy you want to run.
- Select Actions > Manual Backup.
To run a Vault profile from the NetBackup Administration Console
- Expand Vault Management in the left pane of the Administration Console window.
- In the left pane, expand the robot that contains the vault and profile you want to run.
- In the left pane, select the vault that you want to run.
- In the Details (right) pane, click the profile that you want to run.
- Select Actions > Start Session.
Start Session remains selected until the session begins. When the session starts, the Console displays a message similar to the following:
Manual vault session for profile has been started. Use the Activity Monitor to view progress.
By default, the Details pane of the Administration Console window does not show the Volume Pools (Ejected) and Report Destination columns. You can add, delete, or rearrange the columns that appear in the Details pane by selecting View > Columns > Layout.