Veritas NetBackup™ Vault™ Administrator's Guide
- About Vault
- About the Vault process
- Installing Vault
- About installing and configuring Vault on UNIX and Linux systems
- About installing and configuring Vault on Microsoft Windows systems
- Best Practices
- About preferred vaulting strategies
- About how to ensure that data is vaulted
- About not Vaulting more than necessary
- About preparing for efficient recovery
- About avoiding resource contention during duplication
- About two processes trying to use the same drive
- About load balancing
- About how to avoid sending duplicates over the network
- About increasing duplication throughput
- About organizing reports
- Configuring NetBackup for Vault
- About off-site volume pools
- About creating catalog backup schedules for Vault
- About setting master server properties for Vault
- Configuring Vault
- About Vault configuration
- About configuring Vault Management Properties
- General tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Alternate Media Server Names tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Retention Mappings tab (Vault Management Properties)
- Reports tab (Vault Management Properties)
- About creating a vault
- About creating profiles
- Configuring a profile
- Duplication tab
- Catalog backup tab (Profile dialog box)
- Eject tab (Profile dialog box)
- Reports tab (Profile dialog box)
- Vaulting and managing media
- About Vault sessions
- About monitoring a Vault session
- About the list of images to be vaulted
- About ejecting media
- About injecting media
- About using containers
- About vaulting media in containers
- About managing containers and media
- About vaulting additional volumes
- About using notify scripts
- Creating originals or copies concurrently
- About the continue or fail for concurrent copies
- About creating duplicate images concurrently
- About generating reports
- About consolidating reports
- Vault report types
- Reports for media going off site
- Reports for media coming on-site
- Inventory reports
- Administering Vault
- About administering access to Vault
- About NetBackup Vault session files
- Using the menu user interface
- Debug logs
- Appendix A. Recovering from disasters
- About disaster recovery
- Appendix B. Vault file and directory structure
Creating a Vault
The following are the requirements for creating a vault:
At least one robot must be configured already in Vault.
A robot may contain multiple vaults, but a vault cannot span robots. Therefore, if you configured three TLD robots for Vault (not connected with pass-through devices), you must define at least three logical vaults, one for each TLD robot.
Volumes in a vault must have the same density. If a robot has volumes of different density and you want to use all of those volumes for Vault, that robot must have a separate vault for each volume density.
Use the following procedure to create a vault.
To create a vault
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand Vault Management.
- Select a robot in the Vault Management tree.
- From the Actions menu, choose New > New Vault.
- In the Configuring Vault dialog box attributes, on the Vault Attributes tab, enter or select values for each field.
- On the Retention Mappings tab, enter or select values for each field.
- Click OK.